Carroll County Agricultural Society
Code of Conduct
Anyone attending events either as an exhibitor, advisor, volunteer, parent, spectator, superintendent, judge, committee member or fair official, must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this Code of Conduct and according to the Rules and Regulations of the Carroll County Agricultural Society, dba Carroll County Fair. These codes of conduct and rules are not limited to the show ring, but are applicable to any event held at the Carroll County Fairgrounds, including but not limited to meetings, workshops, clinics, contests, shows, county fair, etc. Consequences to violating this code of conduct may include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal warning
- Written warning
- Removal from Fairgrounds
- Suspension, reduction and/or loss of premiums
- Suspension, reduction and/or loss of auction proceeds
- Loss of future show privileges
- Loss of privilege to be on Fairground property
The act of making an entry in the fair, participating, and/or attending such events on the Carroll County Fairgrounds is giving verification that you will abide by the code of conduct and understand the consequences of and penalties provided for actions prohibited by the code.
EXHIBITORS, ADVISORS, VOLUNTEERS, PARENTS, FAMILY MEMBERS, SPECTATORS, SUPERINTENDENTS, JUDGES, COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND FAIR OFFICIALS MUST:
- Be responsible for your own behavior/conduct and uphold high standards for the group and accept consequences for inappropriate behavior.
- Support and abide by the rules set forth by the Fair Board, Superintendents, Committees and Clubs.
- Practice good citizenship, leadership and self-governance.
- Follow the direction of staff.
- Demonstrate positive sportsmanship and attitudes at all times.
- Be courteous and respectful to others.
- Use appropriate language at all times.
- Respect and adhere to guidelines of the Carroll County Fair Code of Conduct and all rules and regulations that apply to participation/competition.
BEHAVIOR, CONDUCT AND ACTIVITIES NOT PERMITTED AT EVENTS HELD AT THE CARROLL COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS AND AT OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY EXTENSION ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE CARROLL COUNTY FAIR:
- Un-sportsman like, unethical, immoral conduct
- Improper language (profanity)
- Bullying, intimidation, belittling
- Possession or consumption of Alcohol except at sanctioned events
- Possession or consumption of illegal drugs including the use of tobacco by a minor
- Possession or use of weapons or fireworks
- Possession or use of harmful objects with the intent to harm or intimidate others.
- Destruction of property (ie. Graffiti etc.)
- Violation of established curfew
- Disrespect for adults, other participants, volunteers, staff and/or leaders of the event
- Postings, listings, pictures that are deemed inappropriate on Fair grounds or social media forums.
THE CARROLL COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY BOARD OF DIRECTORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY PERSON AT THEIR DISCRETION FROM THE GROUNDS WHO VIOLATES THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AND/OR THE CODE OF CONDUCT. THE CARROLL COUNTY AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY BOARD OF DIRECTORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND, CHANGE OR ADD TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS AS THEY IN THEIR JUDGEMENT MAY DEEM ADVISABLE. ALL DECISIONS OF THE CARROLL COUNTY FAIR BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE FINAL!
Adopted January 21, 2020